Where Friendships Begin...and Blog "Stuff"

Sunday, January 16, 2011
First...a story: 
     So....I was at an antique store this past Saturday, and I was standing in a line waiting to check out.  There were two ladies in front of me, and both were totting little girls about the same age (3-ish).  One little girl turned around and looked at the (then stranger) second girl, looked down at her green frog rain boots and the following conversation occured.
Girl #1:  I like your boots
Green Boot Girl #2:  Do you pick your nose?
Girl #1:  Yes.
Green Boot Girl #2: Me too.
...and that was it. 
It...cracked...me...up. 
Ahh....to be three. 
     I'm going to call my best friend right now because after all the conversations we've had in our friendship (and we've had some strange ones), this isn't one of them, but....I am grateful to have a friend I could have this conversation with day one, or day 9,125. 
     In other news....I finally changed my blog header, and I'm going to TRY to remember how I did it so I can do it before another 6 months goes by (which is why I never changed it after my initial header...I forgot how I learned, or where I got instructions-I googled it again, and found these instructions....I had to include the link A)  Because I should, but B)  I'll forget again, it's part of my charm). 
     I also created a signature using this great tutorial from Sassy Sites, for no reason...just because. 
     I'm off to organize my sock draw, revamp my blog side bars, clean my baseboards, and polish my dog's toe nails....or not. 

8 comments

Anonymous said...

Christy,
Your new header looks terrific!

Katie said...

That totally cracks me up!

Semalee said...

It looks great! I took my older kids to Cadillac Ranch a few years back- such a cool place! :)

Semalee @ Nailing Jello to a Tree

Erin said...

LOVE the new header! And your story is a hoot! I would roll over laughing if I heard that!

All That Glitters said...

hilarious!!!!! Love the header!

Brooke Anna @ Mommy Does... said...

I love it all! teehee! I would have laughed SO hard!

Anonymous said...

I needed that laugh this Monday morning!!!! LOL awesome...I have never asked my bff that...think I'll give her a call later and ask. LOL LOL!!!! Love love love the new header....you should do a tutorial because this new blogger layout thing has me baffled. I'm not real happy with mine and could use the help!! Have a super day!!!

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

First of all, love that story! Second, the header looks great. I want to see pictures of your organized sock drawer:)