Valentine's Day: Mini Conversation Heart Cookies

Monday, January 31, 2011
Last year I made conversation heart mini cakes (idea from Martha), and this year, I decided to make mini conversation heart cookies.  I have no doubt it's been done many...many times before, it's not revolutionary, but it's super cute.  I love conversation hearts! 
I found this mini cookie cutter (Wilton sales a similar size) and baked up some sugar cookies. 
I dyed my icing six colors, using small ramekins...it didn't take a lot of icing (I reserved most of it for pink, which I later dyed a deeper pink for piping.  I piped on my colors with a ziplock so it was neater.  I added 1 T of karo for each cup of icing so it hardens (sorry to be a broken record, but it's the best tip I was given years ago). 
There are a ton of cute, free, printable online, and I found this little pillow box at Good Gravy to house my cookies for distribution.
 Linking To: 
I Heart Naptime CRAFT Boogieboard Cottage CraftoManiac The Girl Creative Keeping it Simple Dittle Dattle Sew Can Do Krafty Kat Get Your Craft On Cupcake Kisses Simpsonized Crafts Sugar Bee Paisley Passions Crafty Soiree Pink Saturday A Vision to Remember Saturday Mornings

17 comments

Brianna! said...

these are so soooo cute
I LOVE them

xoxo
bB

Bunny Wilson said...

So cute! I've yet to find an icing recipe that is easy. Would you share yours?

Deb said...

super douper cute...

Mary said...

You did a really great job mixing the pastel colors and using bright pink for the icing, they look just like the candy! And thank you for the Karo syrup tip. Thank you too for linking this to Masterpiece Monday and have a great week! Mary :O)

Christy said...

@ Bunny, always, I don't believe in NOT sharing recipes! I'm sending you the recipe now, let me know if you don't get it for any reason. :O)

Bunny Wilson said...

Got it Christy. Thanks so much for both the recipe and stopping by my blog!

Rhonda F said...

Those are so cute!

I do have one quick question regarding the Karo syrup. How much icing did you make in order to use 1T Karo?

tt.scraps said...

I always wondered about an easy way to get icing to harden! Karo... Great tip! Thanks!

tt.scraps said...

I'd love the v
Cookie and icing recipes if you wouldn't mind sharing!!!! Adorable!

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

These are adorable, Christy! I love the colors, and I love me some sugar cookies:)

Brittanie Gordon said...

Thanks for linking up! I need all the help I can get :)

Katherine said...

These are just too cute! These are great for all the ppl who don't like the candies (not me, I love 'em!). Thanks for linking up to Gettin' Krafty With It!

Ali Holt said...

cute cookies! Love your blog. Im your newest follower, would love if you would follow me back! Have a great day!

Ali

www.ncbabyblog.blogspot.com

Christy said...

@ TT-I sent you the link, let me know if you have any trouble opening it!
@ Rhonda-I put NO MORE than 1 T. of karo syrup per cup, but usually it's more like 1-2 per 2-3 cups. The more, you add, the harder it gets...faster. :O)

Unknown said...

so cute! My kids would gobble these up in seconds!

https://jennoreilly.wordpress.com/

Mari said...

HELLO AND HAPPY PINK SATURDAY~OH MY HOW ADORABLE!!! I ALWAYS MAKE VALENTINE COOKIES, MAYBE ILL GIVE THESE A TRY :) THANKS FOR SHARING!!!

XO~MARI

Jeanne said...

Christy, you have my sweet cousin's name. Your mini cupcakes are awesome. A lot of work but so worth the effort. I adore them.
Warm hugs, Jeanne