Salad: Make Your Own Salad-Garden Gift in a Basket

Monday, January 10, 2011

My friend Nicole has a green thumb. We also have visited the Arboretum the last few years in honor of her birthday. I knew I'd be making her an apron, it's my 'thing' this year, which is sort of evident as I scroll through old post....

My friend Nicole does not cook much, so the apron may be more an ornament, or a dust rag, but I thought she MIGHT could use it while she gardens. I decided to include a little garden of gifts with her apron. It's a stretch, but that's OK....maybe she can use it while she cooks thing from her garden?
Her basket of goodies include...

-Clay pots for a window, herb garden (I would have planted this for her, but these have to make it to Houston).
-Seeds
-Chalkboard (spoon) plant markers, and chalk. I blogged making these here.
-And Zucchini Bread in a Can...it seemed garden-ish. I blogged this recipe in November.
A little cellophane, a card, and a fun ribbon, and I've got a garden in a basket.

Linking To:  Sundae Scoop CRAFT Dittle Dattle Between Naps on the Porch Keeping it Simple CraftOManiac Sugar Bee Topsy Turvy All Things Related Trendy Treehouse 733 Night Owl Crafting Tea Rose House Free Pretty Things HOH Paisley Passion Fireflies and Jellybeans Crafty Soiree 504 Main Tatortots and Jello Funky Junk Blackberry Vine Under the Table and Dreaming

17 comments

Erin said...

How stinkin' cute is that?!?! I love all the things in there. And I'm definitely going to check out the chalk spoons. How cute is that too? You're a genius. I wish we lived closer to we could craft together!

Katie said...

Adorable and unique gift basket idea!

Deb said...

what a cute idea..she's going to like it...

kim c said...

super cute idea. The apron is a nice touch.

Unknown said...

My favorite type og gift to give & get, very special.

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

sweet basket...just read your post on the spoons....I, too, tried to emboss them with the same letter set that you have and it is not working well for me either....I hammered the heck out of a spoon and ended up with letters that never came out clearly...so I may follow your lead and get some spray paint!!....It is fun to smash the hell out of the spoons , especially after teaching 6th and 8th graders all day - LOL

Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

That is such a cute gift idea!

Charlotte said...

Brilliant little gift! I love a DIY kit and this is super cute.

Blue Skies,
Charlotte xo

p.s. love those chalkboard spoons!

Anji* said...

Super nay UBER cute gift! Bet she loves it :)

I love the chalkboard-spoon and zucchini-bread-in-tin-can ideas and posts too!

Unknown said...

My MIL has a very green thumb. She would love something like this, love it. Jen

Amanda said...

I love gift baskets! Seems like a fantastic idea. You can check me out if you like at Ninth Street Notions.

Jami said...

Another home run! You are just so inspiring! I hope you'll stop by and share them at the Pretty Packages Party!
http://blackberryvine.blogspot.com/2011/01/pretty-packages-party-5.html
Smiles!
Jami

Naturally Me Creations said...

What a cute idea! :)

Carrie @ Dittle Dattle said...

Christy, this is so sweet of you to put together! Thanks for being a part of "Amaze Me Monday".

~Dittle Dattle

Ashlee Marie said...

What a great idea~ I like the idea of a kit gift. So fun! Thanks for linking up to Topsy Turvy Tuesdays!

Holly Lefevre said...

That is a fantastic idea...and so unique. I would love that as a gift.

Jami said...

Hey Christy! Thanks so much for sharing this great basket at the Pretty Packages party! I featured you today in the "Highlights" post. Feel free to grab a button if you like!
Smiles!
Jami