Salad: Felt Garden

Saturday, January 15, 2011
Salad doesn't get any healthier than this...inedible, felt salad/garden kit. 
I snagged this basket, watering can, and gardening tools last summer.  I made corn, and carrots like I did when I made these for my barn play tent, the directions are here. 
This time I added a head of lettuce, and cauliflower. 
I snagged a few balls at the dollar store, and I covered them in left over quilt batting. 
I cut out leaf shapes from felt, stitched some veins on the leaves, and then just started sewing them all along the ball. 
No diets were harmed in the making of this project. 
Linking To:

4 comments

Stef said...

These are awesome!! I just recently made my first felt food & posted on my blog if you'd like to see.
Stef
itsallinmyheadstefsblog.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

That is so adorable!!! Love those!! I've wanted to try some felting projects, just haven't done that yet. Your veggies are cute!!!

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

I love that little basket. It's perfect for this cute little set. Adorable combination of items!

Katie said...

How cute, I love the basket to keep it all in.