Twilight: Signature Drinks...That Sparkle!

Wednesday, July 07, 2010


It was important to have a few unique offerings at the party. I discussed some thoughts with Heather, and Taylor (Laine's sister) regarding a fun drink to serve that Laine would like. We knew we wanted it to be red...and sparkly. I usually gear towards exciting things like Diet Coke. I'm not much of a drinker..at all, almost ever...never ever. I'm not good at it, at all, not one bit, ever, never ever, with one exception...I love champagne....a lot. Too much, which is why I usually stick to Diet Coke. With these limitations, I always look forward to wedding toast. Incidentally, I'm also happy with sparkling apple cider, which is probably a more popular choice in the bible belt. I found out that Laine (the birthday girl) is also in the same boat regarding a love of the bubblie. I googled some drink ideas using this drink of choice and came across the PERFECT drink on Southern Living's site. Pomegranate Champagne with a sugar cube added before serving.
Sugar=Sparkle Factor=Perfect.
I did some research regarding the perfect sugar stirrer, and I found some rock candy stirrers through Amazon. It was a 72 pack from Dryden and Palmer, but I have (a different) party plans for the rest of the sticks...and sparkles, and rhinestones. I tried to find local stores carrying these candies, but the few that had a couple of clear sticks were selling them for a dollar, so this met my needs better.
I printed out little Edward faces, and "Real Men Sparkle" and made a two sided tag to tie to the stems (or rather, have Heather tie to the sticks for me).

We borrowed champagne glasses from Lori! It certainly saved me big time on the party, thanks again! ;o)

We mixed 1/2 c. of champagne with 2 T pomegranate juice, and lots of Twilight fans and had a mighty fun time if I do say so myself.
,
P.s. When take the sugar stirrer and add it to the drink, it fizzed, and sparkled a little more.

7 comments

Lori said...

I have to remember this one. I wonder what made it fizz? Great idea with the pictures. You make me want to get into these movies.

Lori said...

I have to remember this one. I wonder what made it fizz? Great idea with the pictures. You make me want to get into these movies.

Anji* said...

The drinks sound really fun and cool! Especially along with all the other details..

Anonymous said...

so cute!! I never would have thought of rock candy sticks.

Jodi said...

What a great idea! Sounds good and fun too!

Erin said...

What a great idea!

Shane and Laine said...

These were fabulous!! How did it slip me that you had the same vice with the bubblie:)