Taco Pie

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

My pal Kelly introduced this dish to me. I still haven't forgiven her b/c it's so good....so...very....good, and so NOT low fat, but worth it.
Ingredients
•1 pound Hamburger Meat
•½ cups Onion
•1 package (1 Oz. Packet) Taco Seasoning
•2 cans (8 Oz. Can) Crescent Rolls
•1 bag (9 Oz. Bag) Fritos
•16 ounces, weight Sour Cream
•8 ounces, weight Cheddar Cheese
Preparation Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook meat. Drain, and add chopped onion and taco seasoning packet. Add the water the packet calls for, and simmer as instructed on the taco seasoning packet.
3. Cover the bottom and sides of 13×9 casserole dish with the crescent rolls. Press seams together to make one continuous crust (you may not need all of the second package).
4. Cover the crescent roll crust with a layer of crushed Fritos (I use the smaller scoops; you can also use tortilla chips instead of Fritos). Add your meat mixture to the top of your crushed chip layer.
5. Spread sour cream over the meat mixture.
6. Sprinkle cheese over the sour cream.
7. Top with another layer of crushed Fritos.
8. Cook for 30 minutes.
Linking To:
Tasty Tuesday
It's a Blog Party

7 comments

TheNormanFive said...

this sounds yummy. I plan on trying it... Thanks for the recipe.
Erin

All That Glitters said...

That does sound good! THanks!

Erin said...

Oh my gosh! Cresent rolls AND Fritos??? Pure heaven!!! Can't wait to make (and devour) this!!!

www.makingmemorieswithyourkids.blogspot.com

Kelly said...

What's truly unfortunate, is I now have to go to Christy for the recipe. Thank you for keeping track of things for me. :-)

Unknown said...

Ok. My huband would totally love that! I bet I can sub beans for the beef so I can eat one too. Im definately bookmarking this.



Becky
mrsbettierocker.blogspot.com

Tree said...

Oh wow! This looks awesome! I've never had this with Fritos before! YUMMY! Thanks for linking up with me for Tasty Tuesday! :)

Tree (aka Mother of Pearl)
Mother of Pearl It Is

Its A Blog Party said...

This sounds super tasty!
Thanks for linking up!
~Liz