Le Retreat-Chapter Trois

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Last week I took part in what has become a summer tradition-time away with great people, crafting, and consuming calories, and crafting, and consuming more calories....in someone else's house. We drive an hour North from Plano to Gainesville. We make a mess, get sheets, towels, dishes and floors dirty, and then....book our dates for the next year, and leave.
I wrote about my first experience (three years ago) here. That year I made my very favorite quilt of all times...not because it's fabulous, just because I love the fabric. I wrote about the finished product here.
One member of that group of quilters opened their own little retreat house, and so the date they were using at Le Retreat opened up (you get first dibs on your date the next year, and a 20% discount for rebooking, AND your 6th night is free (she keeps a record)). I took the date, and I booked it the next year and decided to continue the tradition with some other crafty friends I knew.
I wrote about last year's festivities here.
We headed out again with a few new members, and a few sick members who missed out, but we still had a relaxing and productive time away.

This year I scrapbooked...I'll share those pages tomorrow, and on November 8th-ish I'm going to share the cutest thing I've ever seen done while living on planet earth. True, I like to exaggerate, but it's cute, but...I can't write about it now b/c I live my life in themes, and it's sort of Thanksgiving-ish.
Let me just repeat, should you choose not to go and read all 17,234 of my previous Le Retreat post, this house is SO STINKING FABULOUS. It's big, there are four full bathrooms (each one has a country theme), 14 regular beds (with additional trundle beds), four bedrooms (each decorated for a season), three crafting rooms,

a fully furnished kitchen with all the amenities. She provides tables with trashbags/cupholders, extension cords, outlets, lots of lighting. Everything you might want from fans, ear plugs for sleeping, and extra table lamps, to ironing boards, cutting boards, display walls, magazines for quilting, jewelry making, or scrapbooking ideas etc....etc....etc. You can cook with all her supplies, or you can head to the cute little town square full of boutiques, and antique shops, and restaurants you can't find a bad meal at...seriously, the food is DIVINE...and the desserts will send you over the edge!

The wrap up is....we came....we crafted....

we went out to eat at the Pub...we crafted.

We woke up....we crafted

...we ate lunch at the Fried Pie Company...we shopped (there is a quilt store in town, and the BEST scrapbooking AND quilt store 20 minutes down the road in Whitesboro-we visited these spots on the way home Thursday)
(I'll be working on the project I have planned for these fabrics...soon).
...we crafted...

...we ordered pizza and sat out on the wrap around porch...

....we crafted. We woke up...we crafted....

(My first album page....more to come tomorrow...)
...we packed up....we went to eat at the Backstage Cafe and they had to erase the special from the board by the time we were finished ordering (chicken and dressing) available that day, and put a large dent in their ginormous cupcake supply. We left....and avoided the scale for at least 7 days. I think I forgot to mention the laughter, but we did that too. Le Retreat is so relaxing. It is settled in a really cute town, across from a church, walking distance from the old square, and fun. It's low key. It's perfect for a mid-summer get away.

1 comment

Elizabeth {sunny bug} said...

I'm so jealous! I would love to get away with other fun girls to craft for an entire weekend. I try to during the week but I'm forever hearing, "moooooom...can I have a snack/drink/go swimming/paint/color?" {sigh}