July 4th Ice Cream Idea

Saturday, July 03, 2010

Look....a break from the heat...or rather the chill of beautiful Edward Cullen that has taken over this blog (don't worry, I'm not finished...by a long shot). I think it's important for me to pause in the madness that is Twilight and post a small July 4th idea.
Next year....I'll do it up in grand fashion...assuming there are no Twilight releases four days prior to the festivities.
This year....just a few ideas to share.
This is an easy one I saw on the site b4tea and decided to try. I actually dipped this sandwich June 1st in the midst of other melted chocolate fun, but I dated the post to pop up later. Oh...so...tricky.
I think this sandwich would be fun with a bunch of sister sandwiches served along side it. I like the idea of keeping the bottom paper on for 'gripping.' I'm a full service blogger, so I taste tested this as well, and I'm a fan of the chocolate dipped ice cream sandwich.
I think it's pretty self explanatory, but I just dipped the edge of half unwrapped sandwich in melted white chocolate, and quickly sprinkled (since the frozen sandwich made the chocolate harden almost instantly).

3 comments

Lori said...

Happy fourth, looks yummy and cool!

Kathryn said...

Cute idea! Thanks for sharing this with us!

Kathryn said...

Cute idea! Thanks for sharing this with us!