How to Win Friends and Influence Others

Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Here's my random Wednesday thoughts....and you're not going to want to miss this...unless you have a real job....a life....dust in your house....lint between your toes, or something else a little more important than what I'm about to share with you. And as usual, when I say *you*....I mean...Hi, Mom!!
I went to the thrift store this week to get something for a project I'm going to tackle sometime in the near future, assuming they don't commit me before I finish it....because I'm already practicing creative...umm....complaints for what I think might be coming with all the steps it's going to require.
....enough on that.
.,..while at the thrift store I saw this...

Yes, that's a hammerhead shark someone apparently donated to the store for resale. I'm sorry, but if I don't acquire this sometime in the near future, I'm not sure I can ever call myself completely happy. In fact, I have a cousin this would be PERFECT for as a Christmas gift...assuming I'm OK with his wife never speaking to me again, but then....family is overrated anyway, right? I mean it's a hammerhead shark....mounted on the wall...there's like 9 other people in my family that will probably still speak to me....I'll go weigh the options, and see if I have enough credit open....
...and while I'm going down in a blaze of glory...AKA shopping for family....I saw THESE at a boutique....

Oh great, high heels for babies....so they don't have to look back on their babyhood with regret.
And on an unrelated shopping note...,
True Story: So....my mailman of over ten years has apparently moved to another route. I can't imagine why....I'm not saying I'm responsible....but...in the span of about two weeks I did order...
100 bamboo forks
24 glass test tubes
72 rock candy swizzle sticks
20 feet of rusty...I mean....antique barbed wire
and...a life size Edward Cullen....the box was 5 feet tall, Edward was folded in half....that was the least of his problems by the time we were done with him.
In other news....I believe the post office can hold off that five day work week a few more months.

And on another totally unrelated note...I need to share this....because....I need help...and maybe a hug....
I had a dream the other night that I went to the Fort Worth, Texas Stockyards. Fort Worth has a 'cowboy' area of town, and every day (according to things I read) there is a daily (long horn) round up. I've never seen it despite the fact that I could step out my door and yell, and Fort Worth could report me for disorderly conduct....maybe I exaggerate a bit, but it's close.
Anyway, it's on my list of things I want to do sometime soon....for no particular reason other than I've never seen it.
I guess wanting to go caused me to dream about it....
In my dreams...
I was standing on the old brick streets where the long horn used to be shuttled through...waiting to see the daily 'round up' commemorating FW's old West heritage...except....when it came....it was a bunch of bunnies being chased by coyotes.
I stood on that dusty sidewalk, and I thought....well....I guess they never clarified WHAT was being 'rounded up' each day...I just assumed it was long horns. I got in my car, really disappointed that it was coyotes and bunnies that ran through the street each day, and not longhorns b/c it just wasn't as 'Western' as I had hoped.
...and as I sat there....I found myself in the middle of a traffic jam caused by a parade route I accidentally drove into the middle of....it was a parade filled with vintage cars....full of Elvis impersonators of all ages, shapes, and sizes. As each Elvis passed me by....I thought....I sure hope the coyotes don't hurt the bunnies when they reach the end of the round up.
And now...I'm never going to sleep again b/c I don't want to dream about coyotes, bunnies, and Elvis impersonators EVER AGAIN.

2 comments

Unknown said...

my brothers would probably commit a series of criminal acts to get ahold of that shark. seriously, that is amazing.

Regan said...

Oh my gosh, I didn't realize it had been there THAT long. I feel so much better now, seeing that I may still have a chance next time I come down in my car!