Europe Scrapbook...So Far

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

To say I didn't get everything I wanted accomplished on the retreat I wrote about yesterday....would be an understatement. BUT....I did get started on my Europe album from my trip a year ago. I knew it would be a huge undertaking b/c I took thousands of pictures (not exaggerating)...and I just am not willing to cut as many as I usually do. I only finished scrapbooking 1 of 8 boxes of pictures, so...it looks like I have a long road ahead of me....and no doubt, this won't be the last I blog about this project. I'm including a sampling of a few of the pages I did...just b/c I need SOMETHING to represent 3 days of scrapbooking. These are in no particular order....
ENGLAND

I love making little paper pockets to store brochures etc I sometimes ave when on vacation....depending on how much of a pack rat I'm feeling like at the moment.  I was feeling like a packrat on this vacation!
Around Town

(I ALSO like making little books, like the one on the left hand page I can slip in and out with more pictures. I want to be able to look at the pictures, but I don't want 4 or 5 pages of the same type of thing. I also saved some of the brochures/maps etc from the different tours I took, and I used one of those as my 'paper' on this page, so I have the map to remember the journey, and it doubles as this paper in my scrapbook....frugal is good.)
London Eye

London Bridge

(No, not the real one, the real one was apparently imported to America...who says money has limitations?)
Buckingham Palace

Tower Of London

DOVER, ENGLAND

CALAIS, FRANCE

HOLLAND

GERMANY

Rhineland Valley

...for now....I'm moving on to other crafts and letting this project nap.
Linking To:
Scrappy Gifts

4 comments

Lori said...

Wow, wonderful work, but a fun weekend too!

Scrapbooking Ideas said...

I am so jealous. That scrapbooking project looks so good. Keep up the great work with it.

Crafty Mommy Diva said...

Wow you got a lot done so far, but I know you have a lot more to do! Good luck and fabulous job. Thanks for linking up to Scrappy Saturdays!

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site christyrobbins.blogspot.com
Is this possible?