Banana Split Cupcakes

Saturday, July 17, 2010

I had quite a few friends that came into town around the 4th of July, and I decided they needed cupcakes. There were a few recipes I wanted to try, and one I'm always happy to revisit, and in my planning process, I realized I had a banana split of cupcakes.
I adapted a few of the toppings. I think these would be fun for a summer party.
For the three 'scoops' I used:
Chocolate Sundae Cupcake
(I used chocolate icing, with a little white icing on top to look liked whipped cream, and drizzled some chocolate on top.
Strawberry Cupcake (the filling is good from this idea, but the cupcakes didn't stand up to the test because they were too soft to hold a lot of weight (I don't know what test, but trust me, it would have failed any test), so this friend didn't get her cupcakes, just my company (sorry, Nicole...on both accounts ;o))....I need to work on this cupcake recipe before sharing more than the filling)
(I used some red gel to look like sauce, and a strawberry slice for topping.)
AND
Banana Cupcake from yesterday's post.
(I added some chopped peanuts, and a banana for topping.)

Linking To:
Between Naps on the Porch
Keeping It Simple
The Girl Creative
Hoosier Homemade
All Thingz Related

13 comments

Anji* said...

What a fun idea! A lovely combo of cupcakes... and it means you get to eat 3 whole cupcakes right?! Yum!!

Brianna! said...

oh my heavens
what a brilliant idea

xoxo
bB

Kansas Amy said...

How fun is that.. as always I'm SO very inspired by you!

Elizabeth {sunny bug} said...

Stopping by from Blog Frog **following**

I have to say, I am a cupcake fanatic and these...well, are pretty amazing! I can't wait to read more. Stop by and visit Sunny Bug - http://sunnybugworld.blogspot.com/

HoosierHomemade said...

How fun! Chocolate is my fave!
I hope you will add them to Cupcake Tuesday this week!
~Liz

Jacqueline said...

Another clever idea! I just looked up your Fairy Puffs and now this! Too cute.

Lynn said...

Really cute, love all kinds of cupcakes!

amieggs said...

that is awsome =)

Alea Milham said...

Very clever idea!

HoosierHomemade said...

Thanks for taking a minute to add your yummy cupcake creation to Cupcake Tuesday!
Remember! The Cupcake Challenge starts August 3rd! I've love for you to join the fun!
~Liz

Anonymous said...

That looks like fun! I love all of it :)

Anonymous said...

I'm a new follower. And I absolutely love this post!!!!

Unknown said...

Yum! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Anything Related!
{Rebekah}