My Newest Toy

Monday, August 24, 2009

I bought this Ice Cream machine in Old Town Pasedena at Sur La Table. I am only allowed in this sort of store on very rare occasions. This was just such an occasion. I haven't used it yet, but it has all the doo dads I 'need' for ice cream fun. I certainly didn't need it, but...it was right up my alley. Now....to plan a get together--->in addition it can give me something to look forward to doing next summer! P.s. I should add-I've always secretly desired to be able to fill a cone as beautifully as the Dairy Queen Employees that get those pudgy little stacks of ice cream, with that cute little curl on top. We all need goals. That's one of mine!

5 comments

Anonymous said...

You didn't tell me you bought this! When are you inviting me over?

Christy said...

I haven't even pulled it out of the bag yet, but when it's out, and I read the instructions....you are on the invite list. :O) You can pick a topping to be 'dispensed'....just what I needed, another gadget to store in my kitchen. :O)

Charles and Heidi said...

Put us on that list!
If we owned that I'm afraid it would be an ice cream party every night! (A Party of ONE!!)

Jo said...

Are you going to make your own waffle cones?

Christy said...

I actually looked into a waffle cone maker, and then I remembered then I stepped back from the cliff....for now...I'll perfect the ice cream!